Friday, October 19, 2007

Pinch Me!


Have you ever seen a piece of furniture so cute that if it were a child you’d pinch its cheeks? That’s how I feel when I look at the latest project I just finished. How adorable is this? It’s a child-sized roll top desk. Can you see the little cubby holes inside? I had to fill the original holes that held the 1 ¾ sized original drawer handles, because I knew I’d never find replacements. I didn’t know they even made them that small! I drilled center holes and replaced the pulls with a simple, small knob instead.
The rolling mechanism was a little wonky, so that was all repaired and squared away. The bottom drawer (as you can see in this picture) was looking like a shy turtle pulled into its shell because it was missing the drawer stop, so I went down to the helpful folks at Olde World Furniture on Adobe St. in downtown Concord and bought a one, plus a few more to have on hand. And then I painted it. Just look at it! It’s a truly forgasmic* moment for me!
It's being loaded on the truck and taken into the shop for tomorrow's sale, where I hope someone will give it a good home (as I tearfully wave goodbye!).
*Forgasm(for gaz em)n. a serendipitous period when all existing positive creative forces in the universe have joined, and completed in attaining the perfect potential or purpose of what an inanimate object is truly FOR and is brought into being.)

1 comment:

  1. I love your creative spirit! Cute desk!!!

    Mandi

    ReplyDelete