Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Craft Room Project ~ Blue Collage

My craft room has been serving me well. So nice to have everything at an arm's reach. Here's something that I started in October, was shelved over the holidays, and then finally finished!
Told you about my thoughtful friends here. I wanted to thank them in an equally thoughtful manner.
My friend Mandi at Mementos printed this photo of my friend's mother on fabric for me. I love the way the sheet music show through it. Because its printed on fabric, you can do all kinds of things with it. I was tempted to do every creative application I could think of, but I restrained myself and opted to just paint the dress blue.
The ruffles are reminiscent of a party dress, and I've heard this gal loved a party. She loved roses, too, so I made sure I used this strip of lace roses. The lace corner and blue hanky was among many of the beautiful things they gave me.

One for each of them. You can read more about it here on Over Good Ground.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Jan.
    The more I look, the more I see. I wanted to tell you that I saw the music through the transferred fabric and that I noticed my mother's dress had been painted by you.
    Each time I look at your gift I see something else that I know went from your heart to this offering of your love, friendship and creativity.
    I see your spirit in every piece of cloth and every thoughtful creative effort. It's a wonderful tribute to our Mom and my heart is so filled with gratitude it's overflowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this! What a great way to remember someone so important!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty collage! I love working with shades of blue! That's my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete