Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Silhouette Painting 1.0

My Saturday started here in the quaint little town of Benicia, CA. as the owner of Hip Chick, Carrie and I met and started setting up for students who were on their way.



You can always expect an inviting welcome when Frances is stationed at the door!


When everyone had arrived and settled in, we got right down to work picking a customized pattern and learning the reverse painting techniques.




As we painted, the art become visible. Carrie C. chose a pattern with a tutu (no surprise there!) but didn't realize how her art was imitating a (still) life in the corner!



Taking a break to let the paint dry between coats gave us time to explore Hip Chick and shop a little, eat our snack of the day, and

form exciting epiphanies for other applications which the silhouette painting could be used!

Everyone went home with a finished project, a how-to/resource sheet, contact info for my favorite shop, Room With A Past, and lots of inspiration for the next silhouette painting they'll be making at home!
I had so much fun showing them all the tips and techniques. They all got so "in to it", that they were coming up with lots of ideas of their own which they couldn't wait to try out! It was like a party with friends in my own living room! Thanks so much for coming!
The graduates included:
Carrie and her shoes (clothes and shoes were on her brain as she is expanding a small closet in her new home!)

Rebekah, the bird lover, Jes the Raven fan, Carrie C. the tutu addict, and Joni, another bird fan!
Stay tuned for RSP 2.0!

3 comments:

  1. Loved it and can't wait for the next class Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounded like so much fun Jan. I wish I could have been there. If you have another one let me know ahead of time and I will try to make plans to be down there.
    Really cool glass painting....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes this was soooo fun! Jan, I finally posted a photo of the finished project on my blog. Thanks for a great class! It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete