Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Were You Born In A Barn?

You might wish you were if it was THIS barn in the outskirts of Manteca, CA!


This is Sue's Country Barn where the formidable Sue, herself, (she's hard to photograph as she moves at the speed of light) puts on several shows a year. The current sale is going on NOW through April 17th, and I highly recommend you point your boots in her direction and get scootin'!





Hey, there's Sue!

There are display after wonderful display to examine and find something you didn't know you couldn't live without!




This red metal rack was SOLD, darn it, and waiting to go home.










Even the storeroom was pretty!











I ended up with some pretty French linens and some unique buttons. There are 4000 square feet to explore, but make sure you leave time to make a 20 minute drive to nearby Escalon to visit The Green Pea:


It's run by owner Sandi Vander Dussen.








There are lots of bed springs to covet if you're a bed spring junky like me!




After all that shopping, your stomach and your feet will be happy to know there's a great little sandwich shop, Leonardo's, right across the street. Have a delicious lunch and you'll be on the road back home in no time!



Sue's Country Barn
E. Hwy 120
Mateca, CA 95336
(209) 607-6013


The Green Pea
1802 Main Street
Escalon, CA 95320
(209) 838-1913

5 comments:

  1. looks like a fun adventurous day Jan! Thanks for sharing, and wonderful to see you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those kitchen cabinets! And the long pine bench! It's probably a good thing I live on this side of the country, or I'd have a van loaded from Sue's ;)

    I took some photos inside my son's barn this weekend that look just like your first photo! I caught the afternoon sun's rays just right :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jan,
    It was nice to meet you the other day. Thank you for stopping in at The Green Pea. It is so nice of you to mention my store on your blog. I had two followers stop in already.
    Blessings to you, sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you too, Sandi! I'll stop by again next time I'm in the area!

    ReplyDelete