Sunday, August 14, 2011

Putting A Furry Face To It


This is one of my beloved pesky cats--Rusty. See that little face? It greats me every morning. See those little ears? He hates to have them touched. See how he appreciates a sunny day? He goes all out. See that front right leg? He doesn't have it anymore.

A few days ago it was amputated because it contained a growth discovered to be spindle cell sarcoma (AKA: a spreading, deadly cancer.) "Oh my God!" you might be saying as read this. And I know it's perfectly normal for people to utter the words "I'm so sorry..." but so far there's no need to be sorry. He's doing really well.

In a few weeks, I plan on blogging about his progress. For those of you facing making the decision to remove your cat's leg in order to save his life, I hope it will be an personal look at what you can expect, and I hope it will be of help. For those of you that might find it disturbing, there's a button at the top of this page that says "Next Blog >>" -- you are welcome to push it!

Why did I elect for a Feline Limb Amputation? He has done so much for me and my family in the last 16 years that I would do anything in return for him. I believe that people with scars are infinitely more interesting than those without, and I'm sure I'll find it true, as well, of this beloved pesky feline.

(Note: Comment function has been disabled for this post)